Heart of Hiking: Cultivating Strength, Wonder & Joy
Sat., June 8 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am$49
What’s at the heart of your hiking? Join us for a warm and friendly movement workshop where you’ll create a deeper awareness of and appreciation for your body and how it moves while learning how to cultivate more strength, wonder, and joy while you hike. You’ll leave feeling inspired by new tools, amazed by your body’s capacity for movement, and open to the possibility each hike can be.
- How to build the strength, flexibility and balance you need for hiking
- Tools for waking up and strengthening your feet, ankles, legs, and hips
- How to observe your way of hiking and how to adjust it to make it more sustainable
- Helpful tips for walking uphill and downhill with strength and control
- Postural alignment tips for hiking, health, and daily life
- What to look for in shoes & how they affect your hiking
- Grounding exercises to help you connect with your body and nature
- Mindfulness techniques to cultivate greater appreciation of nature and your body
- How to use hiking to deeply connect to yourself, to your creativity, and to nature
- Ways to add play to your time on the trail for more joy & wonder
Dress in comfortable clothes you can move in and for the weather as a portion of the workshop will be outside. Be ready to kick off your socks and shoes and start waking your feet up.
The workshop is limited to 15 participants. Register now to reserve your spot.
Joanna Zaremba, Restorative Exercise Specialist, Healthy Foot Practitioner, and Registered Yoga Teacher has been a movement professional for 15 years. She has taught all ages in a variety of settings. She previously managed YMCA Health & Wellness Departments in Dallas and Delaware, and she has completed numerous personal training, exercise and movement certifications, with 1000’s of hours of study of yoga, mindfulness, habit change, biomechanics, anatomy, and restorative exercise. Her classes and workshops are lighthearted and laid back, and she loves building community and a sense of belonging. Her goal is to help her students to move and feel better, so they can play more and enjoy a meaningful life.