Overcome Pain with Gentle Yoga
February 22, 2019 @ 9:00 am - February 24, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
This is Part 2 of the Pain Care Yoga Certification Course
Part II: Overcome Pain With Gentle Yoga
Workshop; Feb. 22-24, 2019, 9am – 4pm
$250 for People in Pain
$550 for Professionals not enrolled in the PCU Certification Course
This is an experiential workshop for people in pain and for professional practitioners.
No yoga experience needed.
For people living in pain:
- Immerse yourself in three days of safe effective practices to decrease your pain and help you live well again. Explore modern science-based views on chronic pain, while empowering yourself with practical tools to improve ease of movement. Heal yourself through yoga techniques designed to wind down your nervous system and promote positive, lasting changes in your body.
The focus for practitioners includes:
- Experiential learning of techniques—of pain care, mindfulness and yoga
- Build a personal self care practice
- Group mentorship—spend time listening to the experiences of people with persistent pain as they learn, practice and discuss pain care techniques.
- “Hands on” Case Study opportunity
- People with chronic pain, especially those interested in connecting Western knowledge of pain with body-mind-spirit practices of yoga. PIP Case Study participants.
- Healthcare professionals, yoga therapists, and yoga teachers wishing to enhance their work with people in pain or complete the Pain Care Yoga Certification Course.